IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE
- Smoke rises, so stay low and get on your stomach or knees to breathe the cleanest air
- DO NOT hide anywhere because the firefighters need to find you!
- Feel the door with the back of your hand to see if it is hot.
- If the door is hot, keep it shut, and go to the window
- If you live on the ground floor, go out through the window and follow your Fire Escape Plan
- If you can not get out of the window, hang a sheet or some type of cloth out the window, so people know you are there.
- If the door is not hot, open it slowly and follow your Fire Escape Plan
- Make sure you always know two ways out of every room