What happens when you call 911?
- A 911 Operator will immediately ask you if you have a Fire, Police, or Ambulance Emergency.
- You should calmly explain which service you are in need of.
- Afterwards, you will be instantaneously connected with a new dispatcher
What information should you give 911?
- Your name
- The address/location of the emergency
- Your telephone number
- A brief description of the emergency
- If you are unable to speak, keep the phone line open, it will provide dispatchers a means of locating you.
- REMAIN CALM!
- DO NOT hang up until the dispatcher tells you to!